Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Balance.


I am a Libra. For some people, this means nothing, and for others, they may see where I’m headed with 
this.

The scales. My sign. So what have I been searching for my whole life, toiling too far this way and a bit too far that way? Balance. I have come to find over the years though that perhaps the balance is found in the imbalance. That the neutral placement for me to ‘operate best’ is an off-balanced balance. Is this making sense?

We have been taught that if the measurements aren’t perfect, that if 1 + 1 doesn’t equal 2, then there has to be a problem. Why can’t 2 + 0 be the better way to get to 2? It is a dance that we have to play with, balance; something that gently guides us back to what is a perfect middle ground for us.

The pendulum that is life, this master scale in the realm of all things, will always bring you back to balance, if you trust it.  Picture it as ocean waves, some days the tide is high and rough, but the next moment, the next days it could be mistaken as sleeping, the glassy surface sparkling in the wake of one’s arm, cutting through this stroke and the next.

Balance.

It speaks for itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment