Thursday, April 9, 2015

fail.



And then she said “but that’s what you’re good at; failing. You’ve been doing it your whole life. That’s the story that we all want to hear. The story about how you failed and then how you made it. We want to know that someone else out there has fallen, and fallen down hard, but they’re ok. They’ve made it. Maybe that’s just what your goal here is; you’ve been doing it all along but you’ve shoved it into your closet after writing about it.”

Liberation. 

I finally felt free. This whole time I thought I was too scared to follow through with dreams, my big, scary, ‘can’t fail at this’ dreams, but frankly, it looks like the very thing I was scared of doing-failing-is just what I have been doing all along. Hearing this freed my s o u l. It made me realize that hey, nothing is that serious, and that even the worst, scariest parts of falling down, I’ve picked myself up, dirty and wounded, but stronger, and jumped right back into life.

My perspective has forever been changed. My soul feels free, light. The responsibility of looming failure that has scared the shit out of me my entire life, well, that just doesn’t seem so scary anymore.

Go fail.

We all do.

And we all can get, back, up to do it all over again.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment