Wednesday, April 15, 2015

stay.


If I told you you could stay here, would you?
 Your face says something else.
Is it fear that grips at your heart,
As it beats faster and faster?

You’re a good mirror, you onto me,
One that I picked up, by chance,
This one sunny day.

The moments I seldom wrote,
Because you, you had me afloat.
On your waves, and in your curls,
An energy leaving me hungry,
I continued to want more. You were my drug,
Just one hit more, a mere sentence recited  ‘amore.

And just like drugs, our spark shone
Off, perhaps the fear of that one final draw.
One thing I’ve learned from you, my mirror,
Is we’ve all this secret,
A thing we keep so near. But given time,
 It’s bound to show up.

There is no secret, is the biggest secret of all.
Only a language, your tongue exchanges with mine.
Would you stay here, yourself, your soul
And speak the language into the mirror,
The one I picked up so long ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment